THINGS TO AVOID DOING BEFORE FILING A BANKRUPTCY:
- Do not pay back any friends or relatives money that you owe them.
- Do not give away any assets to a friend or a relative.
- Don not sign over any titles for vehicles to friends or relatives.
- Do not lend any friends or relatives money.
- Do not put your money in a friend’s or relative’s bank account.
- Do not sell any of your assets to a friend or a relative.
- Do not charge large items on a credit card.
- Do not use your credit cards in any significant manner.
- Do not take out any loans.
- Do not grant anyone a security interest in your property.
- Do not gamble.
All of these actions can cause complications in a bankruptcy. If you are considering filing a bankruptcy you should speak with an attorney before doing anything on the this list.