Social Security Disability
My Recent Writing:
Andrew W. Kinney
Andrew Kinney, Esq., graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1989 and Marquette Law School in 1992. He was on Law Review from 1990-92. He is licensed to practice law in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, and New York. He began practicing Social Security Disability Benefits Law in 1992. He is a former trustee and currently a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, and has spoken on Social Security Disability Law at local and national legal conferences. His recent subjects have included “Essentials of Social Security Practice” and “Rethinking Cross-examination of Expert Witnesses.” He currently is Chair of the Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) Social Security Disability Law section.
Admitted to Practice:
- United States District Court of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- New York State Bar
- Minnesota State Bar
- Also licensed in Wisconsin and Ohio
- Marquette Law Review
- Founding Chair, Social Security Disability Law Section, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2010-2012.
- Former Trustee, National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives.
- Speaker, “Social Security Essentials,” Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, May 2010, November 2010.
- National Speaker, “Rethinking Cross-examination”, NOSSCR, Chicago National Conference, September 2010.
- National Speaker, “Cross-examination: From Theory to Practice,” NOSSCR, Baltimore National Conference, May 2011.
- Presenter on Social Security Benefits Law, Minnesota state agencies, 2011.
- Presenter on Social Security Benefits Law, Minnesota and Wisconsin state case workers, 2010-11.
- Instructor, “Cross-examination at Social Security Hearings”, Legal Aid Conference, William Mitchell College of Law, June 2011.
- Published, “Social Security Benefits Hearing: A Client’s Legal Guide”, Smashwords, 2010.
- Speaker, “Social Security Claim Representation 101,” Minnesota State Bar Association, September 2011.
- Speaker, “Social Security Benefits for the Employment Lawyer,” Minnesota Continuing Education, October 2011.
- National Speaker, “Field Guide to VE Cross-examination”, NOSSCR San Antonio National Conference, November 2011.
- Presenter, “The Ethics of Legal Marketing on the Internet,” Minnesota State Bar Association, October, 2012
- National Speaker, “The Elements of Good Cross-examination,” NOSSCR Philadelphia National Conference, May 2012.
- National Presenter, “Social Security Hearing Basics,” National Business Institute, August 2013.
- National Speaker, “Effective Hearing Argument,” NOSSCR San Diego National Conference, October 2013.
- National Speaker, “Cross-examination: From Chaos to Clarity,” NOSSCR Indianapolis National Conference, May 2014.
- Editor, Social Security Practice Guide, Published by LexisNexis
- Presenter, “Ethics in Social Security Benefit Claims,” MSBA, March 6, 2015.
- Panel Member, “Vocational Expert Issues,” 8th Circuit Disability Law Conference, Iowa State Bar Association, August 2015.
- National Webinar Speaker, “Complex Social Security Issues,” National Business Institute, September 2015.
- National Webinar Speaker, “Social Security Disability Claims: Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, September 2015.